You said it would be different this year, that you would be organised. That you’d beat the rush, the frantic search for a car park, the passive-aggressive elbow bumping. Alas, it’s Christmas Eve – reality sinks in – you have exactly 24 hours to finish your shopping for the happiest day of the year, yet you’re stressed and struggling, and wishing Christmas didn’t come so quickly… and you love Christmas! If this sounds awfully familiar, you need a game plan – and I’m here to help. Ten gift ideas for the beauty lover in your life, you’re welcome.
1. Natio Brush Kit, $29.95 – The perfect starter set for the beginner, this Natio brush set comes with five incredibly soft brushes that will get your entire makeup applied flawlessly.
2. MAC Nutcracker Sweet Copper Face Compact, $99 – Limited Edition MAC fans will probably have gotten their hands on this already, but I just had to include it. This was the most hyped cheek palette for the holidays! MAC brought back the elusive Whisper of Gilt highlighter, and threw in a new Extra Dimension Blush in the shade Pleasure Model – a gorgeous burnt peach. If you can still get your hands on it, don’t hesitate.
3. Bobbi Brown Wine & Chocolate Holiday Collection*, various – Each year I look forward to seeing what Bobbi Brown has come up with for the holidays. This year, yet again, she did not disappoint. A gorgeous collection inspired by indulgence, the good things in life – wine and chocolate. Luxurious golden packaging coupled with wearable options, and you’re onto a winner.
4. Mecca Cosmetica Enlightened Lit From Within Highlighting Powder*, $45 – When the feasting gets too much, the first thing to show our poor inner state is our skin. Tired, dull, lacking a little je ne sais quoi. If it’s a little helping hand you’re after, then this highlighter will be your saving grace.
5. Urban Decay Naked Illuminated Trio, $65 – There’s lit from within, then there’s sparkling from within! If you like to be noticed, then this trio is for you. Definitely one for the glitter lovers out there.
6. Smashbox Light It Up 3 Palette Set*, $66 – This fab set of three mini palettes will be perfect for those starting out, or those who travel. The pocket sized palettes allow you to create an array of looks, and cover all three important areas – eyes, lips and cheeks. Plus, the packaging is beautifully eye-catching!
7. EcoTools Boho Luxe Duo Brush Set*, $49.95 – Another one for those beauties who like to do their makeup on the go. Three brushes, six brush heads, lots of versatility. EcoTools brushes are fantastic quality and cruelty free.
8. Calvin Klein Deep Euphoria EDP*, $90-$120 – With notes of Cascalone, Black Rose and Musk, this provocative floral chypre will have hearts racing. Pair it up with your favourite red lip for some sexy festive glam.
9. Clinique Indulgent Lashes Set*, $38 – The eyes are covered with this fab set! If one thing is for certain, Clinique do two things really well: mascaras and gift sets. Combine the two and you can’t go wrong. Too much wine, not enough sleep? The pep-start eye cream will keep your under-eye area extra hydrated.
10. Stocking Fillers, various* – Arguably my favourite Christmas shopping category, I couldn’t just give you one option. It Cosmetics released some über cute limited edition Christmas ornament gifts that will look great hanging from the tree (available from Sephora). Bobbi Brown’s Mini Mask Trio* ($35) will come in handy post-holiday, where our skin will need all the help it can get!
Wishing you a safe Christmas and a happy new year! Are you ready for the Festive Season?
*Samples provided for consideration. All opinions are my own. Please read my disclaimer.